CMS has recently published a tip sheet consolidating for eligible professionals and hospitals the revisions made to the Stage 1 meaningful use measures that are effective in 2013. These changes modify the following meaningful use objectives:
- Public Health Reporting Objectives
- Electronic Exchange of Key Clinical Information
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE)
- Record and Chart Changes in Vital Signs
- Electronic Prescribing
- Electronic Copy of and Electronic Access to Health Information (changes only applicable starting in 2014)
Some of the changes in the measures are required, while others are optional for 2013 but become required for 2014. To view the Stage 1 changes tip sheet click here.
If you have questions regarding the Medicare or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs or meaningful use generally please contact Elana Zana.